From: Jeff Toomasson
To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 10:51 PM
Subject: TT race RP vs. DP w/cat difference (was: Re: HEADERS!)

Does anyone have real-world experience with the difference between the TT
race downpipe and TT downpipe w/ Cat us deprived California folks are
supposed to use? If it's significant, I'd have no problem swapping that
thing out every two years for the smog check...
Thanks in advance, JT
  thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:39:26 -0800 "Scirocco-Al"
writes:
> I was a told the same thing about 5 years ago. Don't know it's still
> the case though.
>
> Alan

It is still the case...

Techtonics no longer sells the OEM flex joint, instead they now sell a
16V repair downpipe.

The 16V repair downpipe, is basically the front half of a TT 16V
downpipe, that you weld to your old cat.
It replaces the 6 bolt flange, flex fitting and the two downpipes between
the cat and the exhaust manifold.

> > > Techtonics sells a repair down pipe...
> > > With the DP off the car, you cut the old downpipe section off
> and then you weld the repair downpipe to your old cat.
> > >
> > > If you can do away with the cat in your state, I recommend the
> the TT ra! ce downpipe, w/2" primary pipes. It will make the exhaust
> louder...

Peter http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.autotech.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer - Bear,
DE 19701 '79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI, '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com