TT race RP vs. DP w/cat difference (was: Re: HEADERS!)

--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Does anyone have real-world experience with the
> difference between the TT race downpipe and TT
> downpipe w/ Cat us deprived California folks are
> supposed to use? If it's significant, I'd have no
> problem swapping that thing out every two years for
> the smog check...
> Thanks in advance, JT

I have the TT race downpipe and no cat. I can't
compare it with the TT downpipe w/cat. I can only tell
you that without the cat, it sounds like a race car
and the car feels more powerful at the higher rpms. I
don't have any numbers to back this up. If you get all
the stainless steel stuff to go with the downpipe,
working with the system for swaps and such isn't that
difficult. Nearly a year has passed since I put this
system on, and it has held up very well.

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos
2000 Neon ES