AC removal

hey all,

I am going to be removing my AC soon, the condensor is busted, so that
means teh system has been open for a long time & the compressoor
etc. etc. is probably bad anyway...

So, my question is: how different is the stuff inside the car on the AC
models from Non-AC...

Can i put in a center heater controller etc. from a rabbit etc. that
doesn't have all the AC stuff?

My 81 pickup everything is done by cables, i wonder if the scirocco no ac
is cables or still vaccum AND what other years & models of a1 the heater
control and center box will swap in... Less is more, knowhutimean ;)

Hope that made sense.... any help apprecaited...

take care,

Steve

P.S. found a really sweet 85 black 8v with no sunroof totalled in a
junkyard :( whole front end smashed in on somebody's bumper. Other
than that minty fresh. lets drive careful people, if that light turns
yella, slow down and stop... don't hit the gas... concious
driving... designated drivers, slower in the rain, etc. etc.

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org