car insurance

yeah, but the only problem with that is if the damage exceeds a certain
percentage (I think it's 50%), then the insurance company totals it. I had
this happen to my last car, no accident with external damage, just water in
the intake (broke a rod or 2). The damage was over that 50% figure and they
wouldn't sell me the car back with a clean title, only a salvage title. From
what I was led to believe, I would NEVER be able to re-register it in FL
again, so I opted for the settlement $$ and got my Roc for $2000. I'm still
pissed about the way I was dealt with by the insurance company (Atlanta
Casualty in case anyone cares). Shortly after I got the Roc, our insurance
contract was coming due, so for shits and giggles, I called my old State
Farm agent and she actually got me a better rate then those cheap-ass (no
offense Ron :) insurance companies and I have WAY better coverage. AND- my
car is now appraised and on file with them for $6000. Hell, I need to
re-appraise it again because I've slowly been fixing things on it.....

Anyone out there with a decent Roc NEEDS to get an appraisal on file with
your insurance company.

$.02

Dan
Tam-pa, FL