From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Calimus
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 21:42
To: Scirocco ML
Subject: I've been hit!

As I've been watching the number of listers reporting that they have ben
rear-ended, side-swiped or just flat hit, I've been considering just
driving my truck for the winter and leaving the rock at home.  After
all, none of us would ever want anything to happen to our roc's.

Well, I can now join the list of those that have been hit.  I had to
come to work tonight to take care of our server's backup tapes and
before I could even get 1 mile from my apartment, some jackass in a
Montero Sport though it might be a good idea to back up at the red
light.  Mind you I saw this as I approached and stopped a good 2 car
lengths behind this genius.  When there was only about 8 feet between me
and him and I realized he wasn't going to stop, I hit the high beams and
gave ample pressure to the horn button.  However, Mr. Brainstorm failed
to see or hear anything, or so he says.  The result was his class 3
hitch smacking into my front plate with a nice solid thud.

The result was a square dent in my front plate and me being very pissed
off.  I checked with a flashlight for any other damage, tested all the
electrical but the dent was all there was. since he was backing up very
slowly.  The lady that was behind me even commented on this guy's
brilliance.

After all this though, I think I will be dropping my want for
Euro-bumpers as the US one's took the hit without any signs of it.  And
now I will return you to the regular list e-mail while I go dig a bomb
shelter to place my car in so no more bad people can hurt it. (that last
bit was a joke)

William Snyder
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)