Upgrading to 16V Scirocco Brakes

For early Sciroccos, the ones with the brake lights
actuated by pressure senders plugged into the master
cylinder, the trick is to get a brake light switch
from an Audi 5000, late '80s I think Get the
connector, and as much wiring as possible.

Back to the Scirocco.

The hole is already there in the pedal assy, just need
to enlarge it a little bit, and the Audi brake switch
fits in there like a glove.

Next, remove the two master cylinder switches, cut the
wires as close to the switches as possible. Now go
back inside, find the switches wires - good luck -
they are behind the fuse box, and pull them inside the
car through the firewall.

Now here comes the fun part, the existing wiring, is
color coded exactly like the wiring you pulled from
the Audi 5000 - thanks to German Engineering. Connect
them, and you are done.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

 --- ATS - Patrick Bureau <pbureau@attbi.com> a écrit
: > 1) yes he need to change booster and M/C (and
> depending on the year (if you
> m/c has 4 or 6 ports on it currently) you might have
> a brake pedal light
> signal switch issue.
> 1a) if your MC only have 4 ports then I would
> suggest getting the corrado
> G60 (1990) M/C same as 16v but cheaper currently on
> the market.
>
> 2) front brakes, need caliper/carrier, rotors, pads.
> and 14+ high wheels
> (stringly suggest 15" wheel for 10.1/11" rotors.
>
> 3) rear brakes  need caliper/carriers/hubs, rotos,
> pads, 16v brake lines,
> emergency brake lines, bearings, racers and seal to
> match.
>
> I have some tech note about the subject on my web
> site, though in your case
> it might differ a bit, I think it will help you out
> to understand what is
> involved on the conversion of all 3 of these items.
>
> g'luck

> [ A Texan's Scirocco - Patrick Bureau ]
> [ 1985 8v Prowler Orange Kamei X1     ]
> [ http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco   ]