Help, my gas pedal won't move up(I think I found what happened)

Today I decided to check pedal assembly and I found
out that the top of the gas pedal has a hole where a
cable goes through it (I think? Verify this for me) I
am thinking that the cable that went through the hole
snaped because when I held the cable between the hole
it functioned as a normal.  I didn't get a chance to
start the car with it held, but I hope maybe this is
the problem and is easy to fix.  THe cable felt
borken.
--- Euroroc II <flaatr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes replacing the throttle cable is fine solution if
> it was just a broken
> cable but there is the issue of the high idle to
> deal with...
>
> Andrew,
> Did you check out the other things we mentioned like
> the throttle body
> valves closing? and the spring tension when you open
> and close the throttle
> body by hand with the throttle cable removed? Give
> it another read and try
> a few of the steps, let us know what you find.
>
> Don't worry we'll fix it
> -raffi
>
> At 04:18 PM 2/26/02 -0600, you wrote:
> >well the last time this occured to me it was simply
> the end of the cable
> >that attaches to the pedal that sbnapped off,
> replacing the cable should
> >remedy this really simple problem.
> >
> >ATS - Patrick

=== message truncated ===