16v timing woes...

line the flywheel at tdc. the rotor *should* only go on one way, but kinda
*can* go on 180' off--make sure its aligned w/ the #1 plug wire. make sure
plug wires are going the right way. bentley's order is wrong- correct is
1-3-4-2 i believe. obviously, make sure cam timing matches flywheel-sounds
like you messed with it a bit? last, distributor can bolt onto one of two
sets of holes; don't remember which set is the right one, but if you bolt it
in the wrong one you might have trouble timing it correctly. hth,
-michael
pardon me, but could you spare a scirocco?