Rear hatch water leaks

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 04:05:22PM -0800, Jeffrey Lowe wrote:

> I have the exact same problem. Mine appears to have
> the leak only on the left side, this is were I find
> the pool of water after a deluge, and the turn signal
> even gets water in it sometimes. So far I have put
> sealer around the turn signal, and even took the
> spoiler off and resealed the whole damn thing, none of
> this worked since last heavy rain I still wound up
> with about a cup of water on the rear floorboard.

I have this exact same problem.  I can almost guarantee that it's your
sunroof.  In my case, there were 6 factory-drilled holes that no one has
been able to adequately explain to me.  When I took my headliner down, it
was soaked.  Water was flowing along the rear pillars, dumping just behind
the rear wheel wells.  All four drain tubes were present, in good repair
and not clogged.   I put a blob of silicone over each hole this
weekend, but it hasnt rained in a few days here yet, so I cant tell you
any results yet.

Water getting inside the frame of your hatch should not result in a wet
trunk, so long as the taillight seals are OK.  The drains for the hatch
empty outside of the hatch seal.  I've had NO hatch seal for the past 2
weeks, (had to pull it to get the headliner down) and duct tape over my
sunroof, and have a completely dry trunk.

Dan

--
It's good to drink. It's good to laugh. But try to both at the same time
and you'll pay through the nose.