Help, my gas pedal won't move up

Check the springs on the throttle body. Remove the throttle cable from the
TB and open the throttle by hand. Does it return? I think no, since all the
spring to pull the pedal back up is in there. Since you could close the
throttle by lifting the pedal, I'd also say that the cable is not
jammed/siezed.

Easiest fix would be to replace/upgrade, just don't strip the allen bolts.
.org has the procedure.

HTH,
Jonas