Help, my gas pedal won't move up

I went to move my 84 to the driveway today and while
parking the rpms shot up and I shut off the car, but
now I can't drive it.  I started it again and it shot
up again.  The pedal just falls to the ground.  I had
to push it just to get it back up to park it.  I think
the spring for the gas pedal broke.  What would I need
to do fix it.  Is it in the Bently for looking on the
procedure.  I have the 8-84 book BTW.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm