need longer lug bolts!!

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:19:26PM -0600, Rob Cotner wrote:

>    I have had some sweet, wide centerline rims I have wanted to put on my
>    '84 Scirocco, the bolt patterns are the same but the stock Scirocco
>    lug bolts aren't long enough to go through the rim and thread into the
>    hub(they're close though)  Is there any VW out there with longer lug
>    bolts, or any kind of car I could find at a junkyard for that matter?

First, you need to determine if your new rims use spherical seat bolts
(like the VW) or conical seat bolts (most aftermarket wheels) BMWs and
some Mazda's (I know the early RX7s) use conical seat bolts with the
correct thread.  You can also buy new ones at this site, in your choice of
lenghts with either style seat, but they are kind of spendy.

http://www.prestigewheel.com/mainBolts.htm

Dan

--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

			- HHGTG