From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Rob Cotner
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 10:19 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: need longer lug bolts!!

I have had some sweet, wide centerline rims I have wanted to put on my '84
Scirocco, the bolt patterns are the same but the stock Scirocco lug bolts
aren't long enough to go through the rim and thread into the hub(they're
close though)  Is there any VW out there with longer lug bolts, or any kind
of car I could find at a junkyard for that matter?  Is there any source I
could buy them from??  Also, would it be possible to just go to the hardware
store and find some bolts with the same thread(if that's possible) and use
some grade 8.8 bolts instead??  Please help, I have had the stock 13"
"tarantula" rims on it for too long...
thanks,
Rob