From: "doug czajka" <scirocco16v@europe.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 11:30 PM
Subject: mysterious thumping noise

> so I finally got the hubcentric spacers out of my bbs and wheels with the
help of one of the guys at work.  But on i have another problem...

> When I am going down the road i have a reapeated thumping noise that
increases in tempo with speed.  It sounds and if something is hitting the
floor pan or bottom of the car, and if i put my hand on the floor right
behind the driver seat next to the hump in kinda feels like something is
hitting the floor.

> Could this be the exhaust?  It just doesn't seem like it would thud at and
regular beat...but maybe.  I am missing a hanger by the cat, but i zipped
tied it as a temporary fix and it still makes the noise.  what else could it
be?  I don't think it's related to the new wheels because it did it
occasionaly with the old stock wheels.  Although it does it all the time now
with the new wheels.  Any ideas?

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://
www.getpennytalk.com