[Re: of rear spindle bolts...]

"Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
Well, ya know...those bolts hold up the rear of the car! So, it MIGHT be
important that they have a certain amount of strength!
I'd say that unless you're conversant on bolt grades and know the
replacements are as strong as or stronger than the originals that you jus=
order them from the dealer.
This reminds me of the Techtonics story of somebody bringing there car in=

for work. Tectonics discovered the new front ball joints had been install=
ed
with STOVE BOLTS!
Dan

I suspect that's what the rusted stub was I pulled out of mine after I br=
oke
it, lucky I was in there I guess. And in nowheresville, what a PITA findi=
ng a
correct replacement. You want what? Metric, oh I think we have some over =
in
the bin, oh not just a regular bolt? No, try...(fill in the nname of the =
next
place that didn't have one) I had to drive an hour to get one from the VW=

dealer. It's probably more common than you suspect. =