shouldn't have turned on the A/C!!!

<P>I was driving my '84 8v rocco today, and since it was kind of warm out I thought I should turn on the A/C because I heard that it's bad to not use it for a long period of time, and I was hot.&nbsp; After I turned it on, it started pumping in cold air and my engine struggled a bit, but it always had done that(replacement engine being built).&nbsp; Anyway, all was fine for about 5 seconds and then, although I can't remember exactly how, the engine died(I was in the middle of a very busy street, alone, but that's another story).&nbsp; What happened? It won't start now, and the starter sounds better than it used to, as if it's not being strained as much(if that has anything to do with anything).&nbsp; The timing belt was replaced less than 200 miles ago, and I had a friend look through the oil filler hole and he verified the cam does move when I turn it over.&nbsp; Please help, this is my only car!</P>
<P>thanks,</P>
<P>Rob<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>