OT? -- communter car search

> Have you not driven a VR6?  Same torque?  150 lb ft is the same as 173
> (181 in newer VR6)?  The TDI is a great engine, but can't be compared to
> the VR6.  Who cares about gas mileage when gas is $1.15/gallon?

I have driven the nose heavy mexi built A3 VR6s...no thanks.  And that
price per gallon isn't going to always be that way.   Remember...this was
for a commuter car...gas mileage adds up fast when you are commuting far
every day....sorry...TDI makes 10x more sense for a commuter or a long
term car....you driven a TDI yet Mike?

Oh...and...155 ft lbs STOCK.  One chip later, close to 200 ft lbs and 120
hp.  Add larger injectors, intake and exhaust, hp hits close to 150 and
torque *can* be close to 300 (if you know what you are doing....don't
believe me?  read up on www.tdiclub.com....dyno charts to prove it)

> If you are considering AWD, check into an early 90s BMW 325ix.  Fun cars
> and hold up well.  As someone else mentioned, a 96ish Jetta VR6 would be
> nice too or for a little less, a GTI VR6.

Stay away from mexican built A3s...thats all I have to say...

Now...the 325IX...not a bad suggestion...still rear biased...about 40/60
power bias.

Eric