max boost for 1.8 16v

There are entirely too many factors.  Most importantly engine management.
The question you should really ask is "how much detonation can I run?".  If
you're using the stock CIS-E, I've heard 5-6psi is the limit without major
modification.  You can use an extra injector controller, but that's not
worth spending money on IMO because you can go digifant I for nearly the
same cost.

Joe