From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Shawn C Meze
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 9:00 PM
To: bronson@inwave.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Who makes the best adjustable cam gear?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:07:09 -0600 Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com>
writes:
>TT?
>Neuspeed?
>Autotech?
>
>I'm spending a fair amount of my tax return on my cars, and a cam gear
>has been on my list for years.  I like the Neuspeed 'cause it has more
>adjustability, but then again, it's 'old skool', as it were. 8
>valvers, speak up!

IMHO:
Ive handled all of them and gotta say that first and foremost, im not too
keen on Neuspeed stuff. I do like their swaybars and thats about it.

Their cam gear is the best thing going that ive seen. Its easily
ADJUSTABLE, looks totally SWEET and is extremely LIGHT! Not all of those
things will be important to you but are 3 things I look for.

I have an old Kent cam gear in the 84 Roc. Looks old skoolish and can be
hard to adjust. (Especailly on a hot day at the track and your trying to
set it to that exact number you want...) But it works. If I had to buy
another cam gear, the Neuspeed unit would be my choice.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V     84' Scirocco 8V    88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR
Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!