From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ewan Hopkins
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 10:22 AM
To: danws69@earthlink.net; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: help! gearbox woes (long)

They did. Problem is I'm not 100% sure if the crack was there before I
fitted it as I didn't notice any leak, although there was a little oil on
the bottom of the case. The damage isn't that obvious apart from the fact
that it's where the oil is coming from! It's quite possible that it was
already cracked but the the crack has been widened during fitting. But it
could also just be bad luck - stone damage - or damage cause when fitting
it. Don't think I'll have much of a case - different if I had spotted it
before doing anything with it! Guess I'll just have to take the pain!

Ewan.