Minor rust repair

Even if I can get a new windshield I will have to wait to install it.
I have what I believe to be fairly common rust condition.  It is in the
lower outer corners of where the windshield sits. It is slightly worse on
the driver side and is to the point where there are couple small (1cm)
holes.  What is the best way to repair this.  To big for bondo? Probly.
Weld?  Don't know much about this.  POR it?  no experiance with this either.
Advice?
Thanks, Ken