Minor rust repair

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Ken Bates wrote:

> Even if I can get a new windshield I will have to wait to install it.
> I have what I believe to be fairly common rust condition.  It is in the
> lower outer corners of where the windshield sits. It is slightly worse on
> the driver side and is to the point where there are couple small (1cm)
> holes.  What is the best way to repair this.  To big for bondo? Probly.
> Weld?  Don't know much about this.  POR it?  no experiance with this either.
Well,

If you want a repair that will hold, but not be correct i'd do this:

POR 15 the affected area on both sides, & use marine tex epoxy to patch
the holes.

this will hold for a loong loong time.

take care,

Steve

P.S. If the holes are small enough i've had very good luck with por-patch.

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org