From: Mardak [mailto:maardak@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 8:04 PM
To: Cormie, Paul; 'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'
Subject: Re: fresh rebuild - new everything. starts, then cuts out. can
I bo rrow some knowledge?

Although you've tried to run it several times, the fuel system still
might not be bled fully...  I went through this same scenario with my
recent swap, and assumed my injectors were faulty.  I bought new
injectors, with the same results...  I ended up just letting it bleed
for a while, and that corrected the problem...  Just put the injectors
in a large jar (seal the top up pretty well) and lift the plate in the
fuel distributor (cis or cis-e systems anyways...) with the ignition
on.  It took a lot longer than I thought it would...

It can't hurt to try this before you assume it's a bigger problem.
Hope you get it going, I know the feeling of putting a bunch of time
and effort into a swap only to run into a few head-scratchers...

HTH,

Mark.