[Re: Compression]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
> =

> =3D>Patrick:
> =3D>What are we going to do with you?
> =

> Does it involves shaving and a thong ?? (GRIN)
> =

> =3D>>
> =3D>> The 16v pistons I have seen (2L block) where notched and  flat,
> =3D>the notch
> =3D>is
> =3D>> to clear the valves to prevent "knock"
> =3D>>
> =3D>The notch is not there to prevent "knock". It's there to prevent
> =3D>"collision"!!!
> =

> you call it Coliision I call it knock or ping, when a valve touches the=

> piston... its knock or ping .. tomatoes tomaatoes same thing.
> =

> =3D>

Touching between valve and cylinder DOES NOT =3D PING.

Ping (knocking) =3D pre detonation. This can happen in a 'non valve
touching if the timing belt breaks' type motor like my 8v just like a
16v.

And hopefully DOES thousands of times daily in my "change the timing belt=

religiously or else the valves WILL touch" TDI. Just did the belt to AVOI=
collisions. But it can knock and ping all it wants. Kinda scares me when =
know this stuff...

You know my opinion on thongs, but with shaved legs, maybe it's in order =
here =

;) =

Cathy, knockin' and pingin' till spring...