things that get in the way of a port and polish job

<DIV></DIV>
<P>This is all on an '84 JH 8v- I am trying to port and polish my head(with a dremel.... this is gonna take awhile)&nbsp; and the plastic things that surround the fuel injectors are making it&nbsp;a real bi%ch, if not impossible to polish much of the intake.&nbsp; Is there any way to remove them and put them back in?&nbsp; The injectors are out, I just am hoping to rid&nbsp;of their plastic surrounds.&nbsp; The valve guides are also getting in the way, but unless anybody has a brilliant solution other than pressing them out I might as well not even ask...</P>
<P>Lastly, to anyone else that has done a port job have you noticed that you can't widen up the intake much beyond stock because of the gasket?&nbsp; Is there anyway to widen the new intake gasket?  The exhaust ports can be increased by what appears to be a good 40-50%, but the intake is ofcourse another story. </P>
<P>Thanks alot,</P>
<P>Rob<BR><BR></P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>