Compression

I have not figured this out, and my memory is kinda hazy at 5am, but he is
what I was explained many years ago.
The combustion chamber is (theoreticly based on engine size) but for the
sake of the discussion,assuming you have a 1.8L engine, (1781cc).
This is he number that indicates the total volume that the cylinders can
hold in liquid. (302CI=5.0L for example), So in theory if all four cylinders
can contain 1781 cc then it is rightfull by simple means of division to
assume that 1 cylinder would hold 1781cc /4 =445.25cc each. I am pretty sure
there is a mistake in this equation and positive someone will correct me,
but this is the way I was explained how to calculate it.

The 16v pistons I have seen (2L block) where notched and  flat, the notch is
to clear the valves to prevent "knock"

THe piston does not come out of the head, why? simple, piston rings, if the
piston head came out of the block, the rings would surely catch on the
gasket between head/block and we all know this is not happening. it normally
tops at the closest edge of the topline of the block

[ A Texan's Scirocco - Patrick Bureau ]
[ 1985 8v Prowler Orange Kamei X1     ]
[ http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco   ]