long hair,cops and rogue 16Vs

> I am perfectly nice to police when hassled and when
> I had long hair & a
> beard & drove a VW bus it happened a LOT! heck, long
> hair and a scirocco
> got me pulled over maybe 4x back in the late 80's
> early 90's. The reason i
> am nice is I dont trust them to be honest & not
> trump up some charges if
> they decide they don't like me. Be their best friend
> no matter how bad
> they screw you, and, once you are out from under
> their thumb, take legal
> action to get them back if they got you. (call IAD,
> sue whatever)

Maybe I agree with you on the long hair stuff, because
I had short hair until recently. My Dutch wife likes
long hair, so I've let it grow. I haven't been hassled
by the man in years. Yet this month I've been pulled
over twice, once for the reason I have just posted to
this list, and the other time because some other guy
in a car like mine (I was in the 16V), looking like me
(or so they said) tried to run a cop over. Thing was I
had just gotten off work, so it couldn't have been me.
They held me by the side of the road for 30 minutes,
searched me and my car, and tried to cross me up with
all these stupid questions.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html