long hair,cops and rogue 16Vs

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Jorel Jackson wrote:

> over twice, once for the reason I have just posted to
> this list, and the other time because some other guy
> in a car like mine (I was in the 16V), looking like me
> (or so they said) tried to run a cop over. Thing was I
> had just gotten off work, so it couldn't have been me.
> They held me by the side of the road for 30 minutes,
> searched me and my car, and tried to cross me up with
> all these stupid questions.

Yep, same thing happened to me in my scirocco when I had long hair at
least twice. 'cept it was "guy fitting your description did *insert
illegal act*" instead of run over a cop, the one i recall was a robbery
nearby or something. Maybe the other one was they were lookign for a steve
somebody, and my plates came back my name was steve... whatever.

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org