Battery relocation to trunk?

Steve:

First, here's an SCCA rules link http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/.

SCCA doesn't care, as far as I can tell, that you do/don't use a vented
or sealed battery.

I saw Shannon's page and it's got good info.

FWIW, I'm sloooowly gathering bits to do this myself, including a cheap
(go figure) battery box, marine-style, about $8.00.  I'm merely going
to move my (new) stock-spec battery to the rear.  I figure that
immediately behind the seat, as far to the passenger side as possible
will work quite well, even though it impinges on spare tire space a bit
w/ the big box (the spare can still be removed easily).  Alternatively,
the spare tire well (nice and low, and no gas tank to worry about) is
a good choice; you just have to let the spare flop around in the trunk.

I also guess I'll run #1 or #0 AWG wire to the front, and attach ground
to the rear searbelt bolt o a bumper bolt, whichever is cleaner; I'll
decide at the time.  I figure to run this right to the alternator and
extend the other +12V connections (currently connected to the battery)
over there as well...once the battery is gone from the front, why keep
connections there?

AFA sealed or vented...hell, Beetles ran non-vented lead-acid for
years, was there really any problems caused by this?  Serious
question...

Ron
second-guessing everything