Anyone using a P&P head?

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> The ABA is big enough that a stock head will choke
> it's power peak down
> to around 5500 RPM. It's a torque monster compared
> to a 1.8 L.
> A stock head flows ~130 CFM on the intake side IIRC.
> My TT head flows
> 160 CFM @.5" lift and didn't loose any low end
> torque. I don't know if
> Colin is still porting heads or how long you'd have
> to wait if he was.
> I'd try to get data from the various vendors on the
> flow rates of their
> heads and the port size at the head/manifold
> interface. The 160 CFM with
> a port not much bigger than stock seems to be a good
> head for street
> use.
> Dan

Last time I checked (several years ago) they (TT) were
no longer doing the P&P thing.

Please let me know if they are doing it again (I would
be very interested to know!)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)