Two Liter 8v - 2.0" or 2.25 Exhausts?

--- "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@home.com> wrote:
> Tosha, I believe that Techtonics steered me towards
> a 2.0" exhaust back
> before the Warpig's head was ported. They felt that
> without the ability to
> flow that much air, the performance would be ever so
> slightly better at the
> smaller diameter. Heavily worked 2.0l 8v and any
> 2.0l 16v motors are
> supposed to be happier with 2.25".
>
> My intuition tells me that the addition of the cat
> and resonator should not
> really be factors in your picking an exhaust
> diameter. The bigger diameter
> permits a greater volume of exhaust to be evacuated
> at a potentially slower
> speed. You might lose some low-end torque in the
> process. That's why it
> isn't an advantage unless your 8v motor is worked.
> With the cat and
> resonator installed, the velocity may be cut down
> even further.
>
> Just call Techtonics and see what they say. I am
> very sure about my
> recollection of their advice. My thoughts about the
> cat/resonator stuff are
> just (hopefull) well-informed suppositions.
> --
> Scott F. Williams

I concur with Scott - based on what the gearheads at
TT told me.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)