Two Liter 8v - 2.0" or 2.25 Exhausts?

I'd say with a stock dual downpipe, an unported head and a mild cam (you
didn't say what cam you're using) the 2.0 pipe would be adequate. The
2.25 is only a benefit if the other stuff is pretty built up. OTOH there
isn't any downside to using the 2.25. As far as noise, my 2.25 with
Dynomax muffler and no resonator is a little too loud. Don't know how
the Borla compares.
Dan