Importing Vehicles more stuff

I dunno about other cars, but the Lancers are typically brought in as
race-only vehicles. The plates often come by way of dealerships! Look at the
factory Hyundai Tiburons. Those things are not even close to street legal.
However, Libra Racing gets away with it because they just throw dealership
tags on the cars and call it a day. There's the registration and insurance
taken care of in one fell swoop.

Anway, some states allow limited road use of these types of cars. The
majority of the U.S. Lancer rallycars are actually Mirage shells built up
with Lancer components. After the full rally preparation treatment, no
practical difference exists between the two cars, anyway. Of course, this
should be made even easier now that the new Lancer is here.

Please pardon my semi-educated rambling. The whole point is that folks take
care of this stuff by exploiting various policy loopholes and grey areas in
the regulations. There is no one way to do it. However, all it could take is
for some bureaucrats to get pissed and half the ProRally field would
disappear just like (snap) *that*. I'm totally serious!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!