AutoX

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:46:16 -0600 "Christian Els" <tiAn@usiw.net>
writes:

>GASC = = Great American Sports Car. The chains are obligatory to
>counterpoint the chest hair...

Ahh, gotcha.
Yeah, you know I find that in the VW community, you have a problem, 5
will step up and do whatever it takes to get you back out on course.

Sunday, the Vette lost the alternator. (wouldn't start) I chase down a
couple Corvette drivers asking for help, you know, borrow an alternator,
and their answer is, "your best bet is Pep Boys". WTF. Corvette drivers
are assholes. Think of nothing but themselves.

I go to a guy im friends with who used to drive a CRX but a couple years
ago bought a Vette and now runs it in BP. He, of all people, tosses me
the keys to his car and asks me to please install his alternator before
the 4th runs. (I ran in the 1st run group.) What a nice guy. Ive known
him a while so maybe that's part of it.

I mean, if someone asks me to borrow an alternator, I don't know that I
would toss the keys and let them have at it. Id probably go help for
sure, time permitting. It just bums me out that the other Vette drivers
were like that. that's what I really miss about the other local VW
drivers. Were a "all for one and one for all" kind of crowd.

I cant wait for those guys to ask me for help. Ill be sure to refer them
to Pep Boys. :)

I now carry a spare alternator for the Vette since they have a habit of
failing quite often. This is the 3rd one and the spare, #4.

>Can't wait to try it out and see for myself. That and G Stock is just
>a bit unfair for us 16V pilots.

Yeah, seems to be a little better for the VR guys. Dunno tho, might be a
good class for the 16v considering the ruling on the 16v line. The type
R's are fast.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V     84' Scirocco 8V    88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR
Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.