Vaccuum lines etc

> --- Ken Bates <indiana_red@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe someone can tell me this.  Im trying to
> > reconstruct all the vaccuum
> > lines and tanks after the transplant.  Since I am a
> > novice, I am trying to
> > make it just like it was since I dont know how much
> > is necessary and how
> > much I can plug and omit.  As I picture it though it
> > is just one "system".
> > The vac tanks are all linked together and the reason
> > there is 3 or 4 of them
> > is simply to increase volume/capacity.  Is this
> > right?  As long as they are
> > "linked" it should be OK right?
> > 2 under the pas fender and a cylinder under the
> > driver fender.  But the MK1
> > had a little one in the driver side of the bumper
> > down low.  It is total
> > volume that I should maintain right?  Not which
> > one(s) I keep or use.
> > Just trying to understand the concept here.
> > Thanks for any input.
>
> This is not a direct answer - sorry :(
>
> When I swapped in a 1.8 to our '78 - I decided to
> update the induction (intake) to a 1981 style. I
> wanted to get rid of the miles of vacuum lines that
> came with the EGR system. I replicated the 1981 no A/C
> style.
>
> If you want, I can scan the vacuum diagrams for 1979
> from my 75-79 Bentley - let me know.

Yes, I would like to know about this as well, since Ken
and I are trying to figure this out for our similar project
cars...  ;)

I know Jasin just removed most of the vacuum canisters, so
what harm is there to doing this?  Will emissions be affected
greatly?  I *do* need my car to pass the sniff test, but
will removing these canisters really affect this?

I would like to remove as many of the lines as possible, so
what are the consequences for removing it all...

Thanks

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v