hello?

Wow Jerry, what happened?  Did the battery get hooked
up backwards; or did a wire or wrench or something
fall across the battery terminals?  That's wild.  I've
never heard of anyone having their car catch on fire
from those causes before.  I used to have an MGB and
almost burned it and my garage to a crisp while
welding it and didn't notice that the carpet had
fallen back to its proper position while welding the
floor.  I was fast with the fire extinguisher and
managed to catch it just in time.  How much of the
wiring is burnt?   If you just have to get a new
battery , airbox, and 2 or 3 wires, I'd definitely fix
it.  If you have to redo your engine wiring , that's
another issue.  If I were you , I'd fiddle with it for
a while and see how much wiring is ruined , and then
you can decide how much $ and effort is required.  If
too many wires are cooked, I'd look into getting
another rocco and use yours as a parts car