the lengths some people will go

> There's no way to 'reset' it?

on internet I have seen one of those barely legal "adjustment companies"
they want about 250 Euro ( US$200 ) for resetting a DIGIFIZ.

so there should be a way if you know how to.

>Any one have a Digifiz prom that I can strip? I have a burner and can down
>load the software. May be interesting to see if other mods might be
>accomplished as well...

 I don't even know which one is the PROM on the circuit board,
everything is soldered in fine-pitch-technology and nothing is mounted on sockets
which all makes my own chances to reset it very small.

In addition I'm too scared to destroy anything when fooling around there.

Fortunately I have enough time left until the unavoidable will happen,
as my clock shows 95.000 km now.

Of course it would be cool to have the advanced options,
like digital oilpressure readings, intake vacuum metering, and so on.

BTW, the DIGIFIZ already monitors and informs about
 inspection intervals and oilchange intervals.

friendly Greetings !
DIrkGIFIZ ;-)

> Ha! How lame. With a little finesse you can just turn the number wheels to
> any desired postion.

try that with a DIGIFIZ, hehehe :-)

the real bad thing on a DIGIFIZ is, that  it stops
counting after having reached 300.000km and only displays dashes then.

I don't know what this feature should be good for,
but it is described that way in the official VW internal service manual.

friendly Greetings !
Dirk