Heat Shield(s) attachment

Donald Walter wrote:

> I had my car up on a rack at the mechanics.  Took a look at the front heat
> shield and it is supposed to be held in place by a series of nuts.  The
> holes on the foil shield are now larger than the nuts, therefore it is
> laying on top of my shift linkage and the studs are nearly rusted away
> leaving only little pins sticking out.  I'm going to try those spring clips
> with washers larger than the holes to hold it up there.   The rear one is
> more solid like sheet metal attached to the exterior of the fuel tank.  It
> looks in good shape.  Any other ideas?

Vibration is your (our) enemy.

Maybe a little dab f that high temp (silicon?) gasket in a tube stuff;
used between the shield and the car body, will help keep the new
fasteners from shaking off in the future.

Now, I don't mean to say a whole big gob, just a squirt here and there
on each post.

hth,
TBerk