why do people think Nitrous burns?

"And nos increases the amount of free oxygen by super cooling the air
around it,
making it more dense and makeing it take up less space which causes more
air to rush in to the void.. effectively causing "super forced induction"

>From Holley's NOS website:

Q: How does nitrous work?
A: Nitrous oxide is made up of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen
by weight). During the combustion process in an engine, at about 572 degrees F,
nitrous breaks down and releases oxygen. This extra oxygen creates additional
power by allowing more fuel to be burned. Nitrogen acts to buffer, or dampen
the increased cylinder pressures helping to control the combustion process.
Nitrous also has a tremendous "intercooling" effect by reducing intake charge
temperatures by 60 to 75 degrees F.