Autox for Cincy Sunday event?

On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:52:14 -0800 Randy B <sirocco@telocity.com> writes:

>I agree based on the spec's I've seen and the tread width that a
>195/55/14 would be optimal for a 7" wide rim.
>I am not a "green" newbie but I am not a seasoned veteran like you
>either.=
> :D

I know your not, thats why I said what I said. You might notice some
wierd behavior on corners or, you might not.

>Wider is better if you have the HP to overcome the added
>weight/aerodynamic drag/frictional drag...Mkay?

Partially true. Wider ia better for all the reasons I said. More contact
patch will always allow more momentum thru a corner. (Given the
suspension will help make the tires work correctly.)

>My question was whether or not I would "lose"
>performance/speed/cornering=20
>due to the above factors with my relatively "low" HP car.

I know. I anwsered it. its all relative to what width rim you have. If
you had a 14X8 or 9 then the larger tires would work great.

>And yes, I am referring to TRACK duty (roadcourse/AutoX) and NOT the
>street.

Again, I know. I was tryingto aviod a zillion reply's from people talking
about anything OTHER than what were talking about. Dude, are you tracking
with me here or do you need a bucket of coffee?

>I see your point and will wait till I get that VW W-12 installed
>before switching to the 225/50/15's ;)

You only need 8" or 9" wheels to use the 225's. 8's are on the narrow
side, 9's would be better. 10's would allow for some other choice tire
sizes. Thats another thread.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V     84' Scirocco 8V    88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR
Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.