Autox for Cincy Sunday event?

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:35:57 -0800 Randy B <sirocco@telocity.com> writes:
>So Shawn,
>What do you think about running 225/50/14's??

I think, "Have dog, will hunt".

>I am trying to decide whether to run this size or the more
>conventional 195/55/14 on my et25 14X7 Revolutions.
>I will probably pick up a set of Kuhmo V700 since I am still kind of
>a Newbie.

With that rim, id gow ith the 195/55's. They're perfect on that width
rim. If you go with a wider rim, it does weird things with the sidewalls
under heavy cornering loads.

>I "think" it will fit but just wondering if the extra width/weight
>would=20
>actually slow me down on the autoX course.

The contact patch rolls or goes from being a flat contact patch to a
slight U shapped patch. Then under heavy load, it does wierd things. Bah!
Go with the 195/55's. You could run the 225/50's and not even notice a
thing if your a green rookie. On a 14"X8" or 9" rim, the 225/50 would be
best.

>I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be beneficial on a roadcourse but figured
>on the autoX, wider is better right? :)
>
>Whatcha think??
>
>Randy

How are you sure? Mkaay? Wider is always better to a point. Mkaay? Since
ours are low HP cars (compared to REAL race cars) the gains and losses
dont add up to much. Mkaay? Wider is always better. Mkaay? Wider = more
contact patch. Mkaay? More contact patch = more ultimate grip. Mkaay?More
ultimate grip = faster speeds/momentum thru a corner. Mkaay?

(*Disclaimer*.  This is in reference to RACING on a RACETRACK. So lets
see how many offshutes of this thread we can muster about street
drivng/ice/snow/rain categories. Mkaay?)  :D

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V     84' Scirocco 8V    88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR
Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.