100hp attainable with JH 1.8??

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Hey all, this is my second post to the list, please bear with my limited Scirocco knowledge-</P>
<P>I am rebuilding my '84 JH 1.8l engine and once complete I hope to have it generate at least 100hp at the flywheel.&nbsp; What should I do?&nbsp; Everything I read rates my engine currently(stock) at 90hp.&nbsp; The only mods I can think to do while rebuilding are to port and polish the head,&nbsp; change the exhaust manifold to an earlier one(I've heard the '84 manifold is terrible), and put on an audi 5k throttle body.&nbsp; Any other easy(fairly cheap) mods?&nbsp; I really don't want to change the cam, and I want the engine to be efficient also(good MPG).&nbsp; Would the mentioned mods bring me up to 100hp?&nbsp; I'm all ears to anything that would bring me up to anything above that also!&nbsp; Also, anyone have any reccomendations on where to get a quality rebuild kit?&nbsp; What do most VW lovers use?&nbsp; thanks in advance-</P>
<P>Rob</P>
<P>'83 Scirocco(nice leather interior and body,&nbsp;weak engine)</P>
<P>'84 Scirocco(bad body and interior, strong engine)</P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>