EGR system bypassed

I don't know if you guys remember but a couple months ago I posted about
which hoses & systems can be safely removed from an 8V CIS car.  I am trying
to clean up my engine bay as much as possible.  Well, yesterday I noticed
that the 3 way splitter on the small vaccum hoses on the fender near the
battery was broken.  So I said the f*** with it and started tearing stuff
away.  I removed the expansion tank in the passenger fender, the carbon
canister in the drivers fender for starters.  I removed all the little hoses
and all the big hoses connecting them to various things.  I also removed the
little white disk on top of the motor (evaporative emmisions valve?), and
the vaccum lines going to it.   I cut off the vent line from the gas tank
halfway down the underside of the car, at the point where it seemed the
least dangerous (Farthest away from the exhaust).  I blocked off the 2 holes
in the throttle body boot.  Nothing changed as far as engine operation,
except I seem to have finally traced down a small vaccum leak. (cant hear
the slight hiss anymore)

So overall I filled up a garbage can with useless old crap and really
cleaned up my engine bay.  My car even runs better without it all!