Cold start enrichment-still no start.

Me again. I want to know what to do next (no, I'm not giving you the car)=

Problem: Car will not start cold =

What I've done:
Checked cold start valve, no spray when key turned on (start position) =

Checked plug at cold start valve: No voltage when key turned on (start
position)
Quick check of plugs to thermotime switch, clean and not corroded.

Now there should be continuity from the plug on the thermotime switch to =
the
plug on the cold start valve, shouldn't there? Because no matter how I ho=
ok up
the multimeter, I'm still getting infinite resistance between those two
points. At least one of those wires should be continuous, shouldn't it?
(pretty sure I'm reading the wiring diagram right, and it is the nearest =
the
firewall of those two sensors, right?)

And what else should I be doing before I bite the bullet and replace that=

switch? (which the dealer flat out refused to sell to me a week ago "You =
don't
need that"). And maybe I don't.

Also, while rummaging around on the DS (or PS for those in the UK) side o=
f the
engine, there is a single electrical spade protruding from the side of th=
head (which you'd use about a 12 mm wrench to remove), just about straigh=
down from the ISV , and near a fitting for coolant hoses to the engine. L=
ooks
like a sensor. What is it, and does it need to be wired up to something?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas a bit late.
cathy