Air Compressor - what to buy? now "Most Useful Tool"

I have a kero salamander (old) and would like to change to a propane
indoor type unit.  The kero unit blows heat in one direction, is noisy,
sooty, and smelly.  I would rather put up with the cost of propane for
benfits opposite of the deficiencies above.

Keep in mind that this is for in-garage use, if I worked outside
occassionally I'd prefer the kero.

BTW I also could convert the propane to natural gas!!

HTH.

Ron