Air Compressor - what to buy? now "Most Useful Tool"

> What device is most useful in the home shop/garage?
> (and state your reasoning)
>
> welder (any type)
> hydraulic press
> air compressor
>
> A good propane heater!

>   all im missng right now ( and ghonna get really soon ;) ) is a
> Bridgeport and a Lathe / CNC

I have the welder, press, compressor, heater.  The compressor is the
most useful BY FAR when taken as a whole with the various tools I have
accumulated.  If I replaced my Buzz Box stick welder (FS, BTW, now that
I think of it) with a 120V MIG, that'd be 2nd.  I'd die for a B-port
and a small lathe also - have to use those at work.  Imaging making
spacers, bushings, brackets, pulleys; resurfacing rotors...oh man, the
possibilities...

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'