cam confusion

I've mentioned a used Autotech cam on here a few times. Well, I've bean talking to the seller as he does have a 16v set for sale as well but he said something that confused me. "Each cam controls both exaust and intake. 1 intake and 1 exaust valve per cylinder per cam." I always thought there was an exhaust cam which controled the exhaust valves and an intake cam which controlled intake valves. Am I horribly mistaken or is the seller?

Dan

Sign up for FREE email yourname@veedub.com
from http://www.veedub.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag