OT Multi Valved Engines

Dan wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 11:39:45AM -0800, Big Kid wrote:
> >
> > one needs open to get air/fuel in, then both need to be closed for firing
> > then one opens to remove the burnt gas.  I'm sure you can figure out which
> > does which.
>
> That's not what he was asking.  He wanted to know, given 2 intake valves,
> does one of the intake valves open before the other, so that the incoming
> fuel/air charge is given a "swirl" as it enters the combustion chamber?
>
> Dan

It's almost a given that the two intakes (at least) are staggered to
allow for an almost square wave in terms of cam profile. Think of it as
it opens fast, stays open long, closes fast. A little swirl in this case
would be an added benefit.

I can almost guarantee a little time with goolge.com will turn up some
better results than my rantings & ravings.

TBerk
want me to look?