OT: spin recovery

At 11:08 AM 12/15/2002 -0800, Jorel Jackson wrote:

>It was ice. She came out of a corner all right, then
>the car began to fishtail on straight stretch of road.
>The car went into oversteer. She overcorrected for the
>oversteer and got into a losing fishtail battle.

This is a result of trying to "get it all back at once".  Correct less than
all the way and then let the car come back into line.  (You need to have a
little faith the first time you do this and you must a situation in which a
recovery is possible.) This avoids the back and forth oversteering
contest.  This assumes that recovery was possible on the ice.  This method
works well on dry asphalt, wet asphalt, fairly well on some snow covered
roads and will work on ice as long as the driver has not gone past the
point of recovery.

Chris