OT: spin recovery

Loss of control could have many meanings... was it ice in a corner?  Did she hit ice then fishtail for a while first?  Each situation is different, but in countersteering an OVERsteer situation (fishtail) in a FWD car like a Neon, no brakes should be applied - it just makes it harder for the car to regain balance (because it shifts weight to the already overloaded front end).

Truth be told, there was probably nothing she could do - ice is much worse than snow for any kind of recovery.